THE BEST OF: 2017 Wedding Days!!!
This was an unbelievable year, full of amazing opportunities, and getting to know some really awesome people.
Last year, we photographed 30 weddings, BUT this year we chose to take on FEWER weddings so that we could better serve each couple. We hope we achieved that goal with each of our 22 awesome couples!!! <3
We were able to host our couples in OUR HOME for the first time, and have meetings in our “fancy room” over cookies and laughter.
In fact, we were able to have 62 client meetings (whoa!!!) this year, which are super important to us – they help to build REAL relationships with each of our couples!!!
Here are a few FUN facts from our 2017 weddings:
1. We photographed a destination wedding in COLORADO, and it was an unforgettable experience!
2. Our weddings were featured ELEVEN TIMES, in Inside Weddings (omg!), Southern Bride (omg again!), Brides & Weddings Magazine, Homemade Bride Magazine, and Borrowed and Blue. Wow, we’re SO THANKFUL!!!!!
3. We photographed 60 sessions, 22 weddings, and had 62 client meetings!!!
4. Our first wedding of 2017 had to be moved up a DAY EARLY in less than 24 hours to avoid a massive snowstorm – and they pulled it off within 24 hours!!
5. Tiffany was a Matron of Honor in TWO weddings this year, and photographed BOTH of the weddings too! That was a first for us!!!
Our favorite MOMENTS from 2017 weddings:
6. At Lauren + Zack’s wedding (see it here!) Zack SURPRISED Lauren by SINGING to her at their reception!!! It was so good!
7. During Eric and Suzanne’s wedding (see it here!) the skies opened and there was an absolute DOWNPOUR during the outdoor ceremony. They were rockstars and finished the ceremony in the pouring rain anyways!
10. The most embarrassing (but awesome) garter removal (thanks to their DJ’s orchestrating them) in our opinion is actually TIED between Holly + Zac, and Sarah + Tyler’s. One featured the groom in HANDCUFFS, and the other featured the bride’s dad having to “be the chair” for the bride to sit on. Ya’ll will have to vote on this one!
11. The BEST cake smash in our opinion goes to Michelle + Robbie! They went AT IT!!!! No worries, Phillip did the SAME THING to me on our wedding day. Hence why I had no makeup left at the end of the night, haha!
12. We loved all the handmade touches this year, from our grooms building their own arbors (Seth, Jordan, Josh, Eric) to our brides making their own décor or invitations (Michelle, Kristen, Kristin, Molly, Angela, Lauren, Suzanne, Danielle, Amy, Payton, Mary Kaitlyn, Allison!), we LOVED the personal aspects!!
13. Our couples this year were willing to LITERALLY climb rock mountains with us, get sandy at the ocean in a wedding dress, shoot outside in the RAIN, shoot outside in 100 degrees, and trust all of our crazy location ideas. They never second guessed us, and TRUSTED us all the way! LOVE THEM!
14. This year we got to photograph a SISTER (Amy) of a former Tiffany L. Johnson bride (Melody) which was super special!!! Next year in 2018, we’ll photograph TWO more sisters of former brides Samantha (sister of Holly!) and Courtney (sister of Jenna!) now that’s just awesome!
Basically, we are just SUPER HONORED and sooooooo thankful for each one of our couples. Below are our FAVORITE images from each of our 22 weddings. We hope you’ll enjoy 2017’s BEST OF WEDDINGS!!!!